Thursday 1 September 2011

Lemon Drizzle Cake

Never one to be a huge cake maker I thought I'd make one!!! I'm rather obsessed with BBC Good Food Guide and came across a recipe for a lemon drizzle cake which was so beautiful I made it twice, and M and I ate it within a few days.

Ingredients
225g unsalted butter
225g caster sugar
4 eggs
Finely grated zest 2 lemons
225g self raising flour

Method made easy!
1. Preheat the oven 180/fan, 160/gas and grease your chosen tin, or line with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together for 5mins with an electric whisk (cheater!!!) or 10mins by hand, until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
3. Whisk the eggs separately to ensure as much air as possible, and add gradually to the mixture, mixing well.
4. Sift in the flour and add the lemon zest, mixing well with a metal spoon. You can also add some lemon juice here if you like a really lemony taste!
5. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45minutes or until a thin skewer is inserted into the middle of the cake and comes out clean.
6. As the cake is cooling, prick the cake with a fork or skewer to allow the drizzle to soak through the cake.
7. Pour the drizzle (juice from 2 lemons, 85g caster sugar mixed together) over the cake, the juice will soak through leaving a gorgeous sugar crispy top.
8. Once cool, remove from tin and ENJOY!!!!


I did not take any photos of my attempt, as I forgot (the one above is not my own, but did look like it)! It was truly gorgeous and you can experiment with the amount of lemons you use to suit your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment