Saturday 17 September 2011

Snickers Cookies

oh, you are beautiful!!!
I love snickers - I love anything peanut buttery. I eat minimum 4 slices of peanut butter toast a day and I'm crazy about cookies with nuts inM thinks it's nuts how much peanut butter I go through when I have to put a new industrial sized pot in our shop, so I decided to take my cookies from black and white cookies recipie, and chuck in some peanut butter deliciousness. (That, and I couldn't be bothered to go buy some icing powder to make anything else!!)

Foolishly however, I took no photos of the cookies, as they were eaten so quickly...... 12 in less that amount of hours, and if you're not quick here with a camera, they gone!!


Ingredients:

Cookies - makes 12
225g flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
110g unsalted butter - softened
175g sugar
1 egg - room temperature
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract
125ml milk
3-4 (depends how much you like!) chopped snickers.

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 190 and cover a large baking tray in baking parchment. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt, and leave to one side.
2. Beat the butter until smooth and creamy (again I did it by hand!) and gradually add the sugar until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the egg, lemon and vanilla extract until combined.
3. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture, alternate adding in the flour and milk just until combined.
4. Add the chopped snickers and mix in gently. 
Oh looking at this photo makes me want NEED more snickers.


 5. Place in the oven and bake for up to 20 minutes, until golden and all the chocolatey, gooey gorgeousness has melted and you could cry because they smell so good.





No comments:

Post a Comment